I've been working on something at work which is threatening to eat my brain, so while I have been working on some fun rants (and maybe a rave or two) I just can't summon the brain power to write much. So abbreviated versions will have to do.
1. On my way to work yesterday I was thinking about a "Things I Love" sort of post. I could only think of one item to put on it before my job started swallowing me: Eddie Izzard. I do love him so, in all of his 5'7", stubby, cross-dressing, ambiguous sexuality, massive jawlined glory. Then, lo and behold, The A.V. Club interviewed him a couple of days ago. The interview is fine, but the comments are a total scream. Highly recommended reading. (There is also a very good interview with the always delightful Alan Alda).
2. I made another batch of salsa last night. That brings us to. Five. Gallons. You read that right. Five gallons of salsa. I am so not making anymore!
3. The rabbits ate all of my pickling cucumbers. On the one hand, I'm glad not to have to deal with them, on the other hand those pickles picked up some passionate fans last year. So I went to the Farmer's Market and bought some cucumbers.
I'll pickle them this weekend. You're welcome.
4. I haven't been knitting much since I last posted about it (I guess it wasn't that long ago. While waiting for the bright purple, I've knitted this much:
A top down raglan cardigan using Barbara Walker's system. The yarn is Butterfly Super 10 Mercerized Cotton in a lovely dusty purple. I have apparently entered a purple period.
5. I've been working on a rant about Locavores, but all I can really say is that if I had to live my life without Parmigiano Reggiano, what would be the point?
6. And last, but not least, I heard a terrible rumor the other day, which I can only hope is completely unfounded. It seems that Ann Arbor's venerated Village Corner, employer of misfits, purveyor of fine wine, frozen tv dinners, extension cords and index cards is to be torn down and replaced with a high rise. I'm starting to hate this place.
Now that I'm good and depressed, back to getting my brain sucked out through a straw. Wahoo.