Wednesday, March 29, 2006

2 Tales

1. Most Friday nights we stay in Ann Arbor and go to dinner with my parents and siblings (going out to dinner on Fridays is a tradition of long standing in my family). This past Friday, though, we just went home. Since I didn't want to cook, or wait for Len to cook, we went out. suggested going to Aggie's, a bar in Napoleon. It isn't exactly fine dining, but neither is it inedible. Len suggested trying one of the places he'd seen in Brooklyn (home of the Michigan International Speedway. NASCAR. Yay.) For some reason, he though Aggie's would be too crowded with rednecks (and somehow Home of the MIS wouldn't be?) We stopped at the first place called Something-or-Other Bar and Grill. As soon as I got out of the car I heard that tell-tale sign of very loud music, Ka-thum Ka-thum. Once we found the door (on the second try), we found that there was, indeed, someone taking cover. She wanted to know if we were Parents. Presumably of some child in the bar (which is not so much a grill anymore). That's how old we are in Brooklyn.

2. This small tale is really gross. If you have a weak stomach, you might not want to read this.




Are you there? Don't say I didn't warn you.

Len and I did some deep cleaning in the kitchen. He scrubbed the floor. I washed the cabinets and the parts of the counters we never see. We have a pitcher next to the stove in which we keep wooden spoons, spatulas and the like and this was in desperate need of washing. As I was taking out the utensils I saw that there was some kind of dry leaf on the bottom. The more I looked at it, the less like a leaf it was. Suddenly I realized. It was a mouse. A dried up mouse.

Mouse jerky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gross, yeah. Reminds me of Wall St., where once I found a drowned mouse in Stu's 1-qt party tankard, which he'd left in the sink with a few inches of water in it . . . Whatta way to go.