Wow. I haven't posted anything about knitting since February 11. Not that I haven't been knitting, but so little about it is interesting blog fodder, or makes for interesting pictures.
Here is a bad picture of the Equinox sleeves (it isn't this bright). I'm making so many changes to this, I'm going to have to rename it: pullover to cardigan, number of colors used, and yarn used. Now the sleeves. The pattern calls for the sleeves to be knitted flat, but I've done flat stranded knitting before. I did not enjoy it. Not. One. Bit. Obviously I changed to knitting in the round. The other issue is the rate of increase. It's very slow in the color portion of the sleeve and increases rather a lot at the top portion. The pattern calls for every right side row (every other round), and you can see how well that worked for the left sleeve (a very nice thing about doing sleeves in the round is that you can try them on and see that even on an arm, it looks terrible). For the second sleeve I increased every third round, and that works better. I made another mistake, which isn't worth mentioning. At least not until I put sleeves and body together and discover just what a big mistake it is.
And my "stash fabric" has been spoken for:
This a reprint of a 1954 Vogue pattern, and exactly the reason I want to sew. I was a bit concerned that the fabric is too busy, however Len, who thinks most of what I'm knitting is too busy, thinks this is fine. Maybe he's gone blind. The envelope says this is easy. I think it will be a wee bit more challenging than the skirt.
If we get the 5-8 inches of snow (insert a lot of swearing here), I shall start the dress tomorrow.