Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dress Comments

I'm not sure the dress is taking bravery so much as complete recklessness, especially in light of Sharon's comment. Never let it be said that I let lack of knowledge or experience get in the way of doing something. Ah well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In any case, I cut out all of the muslin pieces and drew in the tissue markings (not fun). Last night I did the rough draft of the bodice, and will work on the skirt on Wednesday. I have to say, it's addictive. I suddenly realized it was very late and I hadn't even considered dinner. Once I do the mock up of the skirt, I'll make a decision about whether I will go on to do the "real" dress, or if I will work on a few other sewing projects first. The reality is that this dress pattern has a lot of pieces, several of the seams are very curvy, and the techniques are totally new to me. Like, you know, sewing. If I slow down and really pay attention, I'm sure I could make a wearable dress, but, to throw out another clich
é, if it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Speaking of throwing caution to the wind, my Equinox sweater is close to done. Just a few more rounds on the yoke and I'll be ready to cut that sucker open. I'm very pleased with how it is coming out, and will post picture soon (when I take them, that is).

Update on The Great Cat War of 2008.

Judy

She looks sweet, doesn't she? I'm afraid her behavior hasn't improved. I can't say that Fred helps matters much, I think she eggs Judy on. Judy is now confined to a bedroom, with a Feliway diffuser. We heard about treats we can hide pills in, and are hoping those do the trick. Poor Judy. She isn't amused by the confinement. Not one bit.

No comments: