Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sewing Success!

It's a skirt!

First Skirt

Side View

In a messy room! Nina Garcia would definitely not approve (boring and poor construction, I'd be Auf'ed for sure), but my goal was not high fashion. It was to produce a wearable article of clothing, and that it is. In fact, it actually looks pretty good, as long as you don't look too closely. The fabric is quilting cotton from JoAnn's and is maybe a little stiff for the skirt, but other than that, I'm not going to bother to point out any other problems (and there are many) since they don't show (much).

Skirt Fabric

Close up of the fabric. I'd like to make the skirt again, this time in wool (with the temperature registering at 14 degrees, I can't wrap my head around summer weight anything).

Stash Fabric

But look...it's a fabric stash! I found 6 yards of this in an antique/junk store in Grass Lake. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'll think of something.

Cutest Kitten in All the Land

Completely gratuitous picture of an adorable kitten.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

A Project Runway fan - I knew we were kindred spirits! Ian and I Tivo and watch it every week. I was so sad to see Chris go. The show makes me want to sew and it *did* make you sew. Don't be critical of your skirt. I think it fits and who cares what the seams look like on the inside. p.s. No kitty picture is gratuitous.