Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Lot of Knitting Happened...

...To the detriment of house cleaning, that's for sure! The cats have me so frazzled, all I can do is knit. Likely excuse, I know.

My plan was to show you lovely pictures of lovely knitting and bad sewing, but all I have are crummy pictures.

Equinox Sleeve

Here is my version of the Equinox sleeve. The colors are a little different, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Also, I recounted the stitches in the body. It seems my original count was wrong, and I do, in fact, have the correct number of stitches.

Fair Isle Sleeve

This is a horrid picture. One color is off and it is throwing the whole thing out of whack. The background for the bands of pink petals ("peeries", according to Meg Swanson) should be a very pale green, not tan. Oh well. This is the one bit of knitting that hasn't been giving me fits lately.

First Sewing Project

And here is a crummy picture of my first sewing project since Junior High Home Ec. The seams are crooked and don't match up, the handles are slightly different lengths, one is a bit tilted, and the lining shows more than it should. But here's the thing: it isn't going to fall apart, so I'm putting this in the Success column.

Pocket!

And it has a pocket inside. Sweet!

It doesn't take much to please me these days.

3 comments:

MICHmash said...

Very nice! My first stay-at-home dad sewing project is going to be chord sleeve to cover the chord of our new lamp. Functional and poor stitching won't really be noticed by anyone. I figure thats a good place to start.

Sharon said...

Nice job on the stranded knitting. I look forward to seeing what it will be when it grows up~

Valerie said...

Hmmm...someone has been busy despite the cats. They really let you alone long enough to do stranded knitting? With this cold weather, our one cat thinks that my knitting time is for her entertainment. Two different strands of yarn would make us both a little crazy right now.

BTW..your sewing looks fine. Like everything else...it takes practice. Just keep showing up at the machine with some thread and fabric.