Monday, January 28, 2008

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Booties & Hat

The booties are from Saartje's freaking adorable pattern (which, once I worked through my bone-headedness, is perfectly clear and easy). The hat I made up on my very own (based on a hat pattern in some book I have).

Booties

I knew I wanted bright blue buttons (I sometimes pass a bright orange house with a bright blue chair on the porch and have often thought that it is such a nice little detail). I figured I would make-do with plain round buttons, but found these flowers instead. What could be more perfect?

Hat

So perfect, that I decided they deserved repeating on the hat.

I found the buttons at Threadbear on Saturday, where I got to meet and have my picture taken by a very delightful Franklin of The Panopticon fame. I am pleased to report that I did not make a complete ass of myself (at least I don't think I did). Nor did I break the bank on yarn, despite being lined up next to the lace weight (very unfair).

I also found buttons for the Tilted Duster, which I will report on tomorrow, along with my unsuccessful attempts at sewing. At this rate, MICHMash, I will be ready to help you with your pajama pattern in about 5 or 6 years.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Well...I went and copied that bootie pattern. Even though I have the book with a gazillion bootie patterns in it!
What a lovely, colorful baby set.
I've given you a "make my day" award at my blog. Do with it what you will!