Thursday, April 05, 2007

Knitting Something

I was going to call this post Knitting News but that is cliche and I've used it already.

The bathmat is done and on it's way to my sister.
Bathmat2
Here is a small picture 'cos it sucks (the picture, not the bathmat).

To make this very mat yourself you will need Sugar 'N Cream worsted weight cotton yarn, 2-3 oz. balls of Color 1 (the solid blue) and 3-3 oz. balls of color 2 (the variegated). I used size 10 (U.S.) needles.

Cast on 70 stitches using Color 1. Knit 2 rows. Add Color 2 and knit 2 rows. Continue knitting using the Fibonacci sequence (count the ridges, rather than rows): 0+1=1, 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, etc. The largest stripe is 21 ridges and then reverse the sequence. Does that make sense?

In celebration, I started a sock and a sweater. I don't have pictures of either object. And I have just spent way too much time trying to find references for them (the sweater has an exceptionally complicated story), to no avail. I will write a post about both of these tomorrow.

No comments: