Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Boneheaded

This is how last night went: I got home around 6:00 pm. Len had already sunk into the couch (it's freezing out and he has a nasty cold). I joined him. We had left over lentil soup and stale bread for dinner. We watched Antiques Roadshow, then a really interesting and depressing documentary on Jim Jones. Then we went to bed.

This morning I remembered. Yesterday was our 4th anniversary. Doh!

In other boneheadedness (this time not on my part): it was pretty foggy this morning. It wasn't so bad that you couldn't see the road in front of you, but bad enough that you really couldn't pass the guy going 45 mph in a 55 mph zone (nor was it so bad that you needed to go that slow). Not an insignificant number of people were driving without their headlights, some may have just not thought about it, but others were driving with their parking lights on. What's that about? If it's dark enough for the parking lights, isn't it dark enough for the headlights?

Comment:
Valerie - they are string heddles (DMC Cebelia, size 30 - I have a boatload of the stuff). It seems like they will hold up, but I haven't really started weaving yet. The germ of the idea came from episode 5 (Inklings) of WeaveCast. Syne Mitchell's guest, Robyn Spady, mentioned that she had used her inkle loom to weave wire. They had just enough of a discussion of how to do it (i.e. don't warp the whole loom, just use the perimeter), but not enough to make it seem indimidating. Then again, I am a bit dim. I've only thrown a couple of shots so far, it didn't go well. I'll play with it more tonight. It should be interesting. Or a big mess.

No comments: