Tuesday, May 08, 2007



I finally managed to block the shawl. It seems I started this April 7, this picture was taken May 2. That might be a record (for me, anyway).


This is the "More than Circular" shawl from Best of Knitter's Shawls and Scarves, knitted with hand dyed 10/2 cotton*, with #5, #6, #8 and #10 needles. I meant to weigh the shawl and the leftover yarn to give you some idea of how much I used, but didn't manage it. I suspect between 600 and 800 yards.


I, painfully, shoved a bead onto each of the points, and managed to tie a knot. That was a long, convoluted process, which I am happy to forget. The beads are a nice decorative touch, and serve to weigh the shawl down, making it more likely that it will stay on the shoulders. I, myself, think it came out nicely.

After I dyed this yarn, Valerie had said not to judge it before sampling. She was so right. I was very unhappy with the yarn when it was in the skein; but knitted up it is so bright and cheerful, and the ugly faded bits blend in nicely.

Edge Detail
Fade to Black


bspinner said...


Valerie said...

wow...so lovely and so quickly finished! The beads are a nice touch.