Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Shawl

Blocking

I finally managed to block the shawl. It seems I started this April 7, this picture was taken May 2. That might be a record (for me, anyway).

Detail

This is the "More than Circular" shawl from Best of Knitter's Shawls and Scarves, knitted with hand dyed 10/2 cotton*, with #5, #6, #8 and #10 needles. I meant to weigh the shawl and the leftover yarn to give you some idea of how much I used, but didn't manage it. I suspect between 600 and 800 yards.

Modeled

I, painfully, shoved a bead onto each of the points, and managed to tie a knot. That was a long, convoluted process, which I am happy to forget. The beads are a nice decorative touch, and serve to weigh the shawl down, making it more likely that it will stay on the shoulders. I, myself, think it came out nicely.

After I dyed this yarn, Valerie had said not to judge it before sampling. She was so right. I was very unhappy with the yarn when it was in the skein; but knitted up it is so bright and cheerful, and the ugly faded bits blend in nicely.

Edge Detail
Fade to Black

2 comments:

bspinner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Valerie said...

wow...so lovely and so quickly finished! The beads are a nice touch.