I don't have much to say about this little baby sweater, and apparently it did not want to be photographed, since all of the pictures I took (and I took a lot of pictures) are pretty lousy:
The colors seem to be pretty accurate, so that's something. The pattern is the cover sweater from Knitting for Baby. The yarn is Mission Falls cotton.
The buttons were kind of an issue. I bought some very pretty ones at a local yarn shop, but they were really too big, so I started trying out buttons from my stash (as it turns out, I have a lot of buttons!) I settled on these, which are fine. Since I made him sit through the entire process, Len decided he completely understands why I get a glazed look when he starts going on about home repair.
And here is a shot of it on my very messy desk. The edging was supposed to be a simple pick-up/cast-off in a contrasting color. I decided to go with the picot cast-off to fancy thing up a bit. I think it turned out nicely enough. Now I just need to get it mailed off.