Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Icarus!

I finished the knitting more than a week ago (here it is in it's unblocked state), and finally got to the blocking this weekend:

Icarus

Isn't it lovely? I say that not to pat my own back, but as a tribute to such an elegant design.

Icarus 2

My camera, as usual, failed to capture the blood red color and the perfection of the yarn (for that we would need Feel-o-Vision): it is Alpaca with a Twist Fino (70% alpaca, 30% silk, yum!)

Bathtime

Simon has no appreciation for my hard work.

In celebration, I finally made it up to Threadbear this weekend and bought (most of) the yarn for Meg Swanson's Fair Isle Cardigan (the sweater doesn't have a name but it needs one). The shop didn't have enough of one of the main colors (Rye), luckily they had already placed an order for the yarn, so I may not have to wait for a very long time.

Yarn

1 comment:

Valerie said...

The shawl is lovely and looks blood red on my monitor. I've used Fino for two shawls now and have been very happy with them. They are surprisingly warm, even tho' they're quite lacy!