Monday, October 30, 2006

How Many of Me?


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
17
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Sean at Sean's Soapbox provided the above link. Many years ago I lived in a small town in Southwest Michigan. Very soon after moving there, I developed the first in a series of major-but-not-really-life-threatening diseases*: Pleurisy. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced, including major abdominal surgery. I made an appointment at my mother's doctor's office and hobbled in. They were very confused: I was 40 years younger than the Lee Ridley they knew and it took them awhile to get it sorted out. Eventually, I would come to find it amusing, as I moved through the series of illnesses I would announce myself to office as "Lee Ridley, the younger one" (unfortunately, the office began to know me by voice). Apparently, she didn't find getting phone calls from my friends looking for me amusing at all. I never met her.

*The diseases were, pleurisy/pneumonia (once the pleurisy cleared up, the pneumonia was a breeze. Except it wouldn't go away, costing me meager wages plus about $1500 in hospital expenses), Mono, and fibroids (resulting in one minor and two major surgeries).
Plus an assortment of warts, infections and other nasties. Yep. They loved me over there in Sturgis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zero! I am the only one!...unless I put in my maiden name and then there is a bunch of us.