Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back to Weaving

I finally sat down for a rousing bout of weaving on Sunday evening. This included discovering that one should perhaps not use fuzzy wool as waste weft if one is intending to do something like buttonhole stitch. Better I realize this now, rather than once all the towels are off the loom and I can't get the $#%@ wool out of the *&(&$% cotton. I might not be the brightest bulb, but I'm learning.

At the end my Sunday of weaving fun, I looked down and essentially saw this:
Detail
I really saw a longer strip of this, but this shot sums up the lack of pattern I was seeing.

Monday morning I went into the weaving room and saw this:
From Above
which bears a striking resemblance to what it is supposed to look like. I need to beat on the weft much harder, but it looks like something!

Judy thinks she has a new bed.
Not Helping
I don't find this particularly helpful. Amusing, yes. Helpful? Not so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you get the pattern in the last picture ;-)