Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Manistee

Len dragged me up to Manistee, Michigan to spend the night in a camper. Which is to say, he asked nicely, and I, because I am really not very bright, agreed. Let me give you a piece of advice from my own hard won experience: if you have spent the last month dealing single-handedly with the garden, house and dog because your beloved has been working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, do not, under any circumstances, go to Manistee to spend the night in a camper, with the dog, so your beloved can go fishing. Especially if you hate camping. It is a very bad idea. And you will cry. I did, anyway.

For what it's worth, here are some pictures (many more in Fickr):

Connor and Lizzy

We borrowed Len's nephew, Connor, who was delightful. He and Lizzy bonded.

A Fish!

He caught a salmon.

Cuttting Fish

And cleaned it.

Amanda
Amanda


Dylan
Dylan

Sunset

Goldenrod

Anyway. Once I got over the melt down, it was fine. And pretty. I am leaving tomorrow for the knitting retreat and that really will be relaxing. See you next week!

2 comments:

bspinner said...

Nice pictures. Have fun at your knitting retreat!

Sharon said...

We just had the camper discussion today, and I said NO.