Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sewing and Very Bad Pictures

I finally got around to taking pictures of some of my recent sewing. The pictures are terrible, but, well, there you are.

Rose Skirt

This is another AB Barcelona skirt from a rose print I found very cheap at Big Box Craft Store (BBCS). This time I put half inch darts in the waist, which helps it fit in the waist better. My next edit will be to change the angle a bit so it comes away from my hips a little sooner.

Polka Dots

This one is Simplicity 3688, a reprint of a 1940's pattern. The woman in the drawing is an Amazon, the skirt is much longer on me. The fabric is black corduroy with white dots and is quite elegant with a pair of heels (as opposed to the sneakers, which do not work at all).

Wrap Skirt

A wrap skirt (McCalls 5430), also corduroy.

And finally, the best pair of pajama pants ever:

Noah's Pants

Yes, that is Noah's Ark in the worst 1970's color palette. For some reason, I have held onto this sheet from my childhood for all these years, schlepping it from place to place. Why?

Two by Two

And why, I would like to know, is Noah's Ark a children's story? God was so pissed off at humans that He killed all but a select few, and all of the animals, except those few who managed to make it on a boat. That's a kid's story, cute enough to be made into sheets? Yeah. Jonah and the big fish (or whale) isn't very cute either.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It's the shoes. You really know how to accesorize.