Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Obsession

I have been saying for a very long time that I would not make quilts. Then I took up sewing. But I still swore I would not make a quilt, no matter how pretty they are, because, seriously, how much more can I realistically take on? But, you know, I have all these scraps and I can't just throw them away. So, a scrap quilt. That's ok, right?

In this post, I said you could slap me if I ever bought fabric specifically for a quilt.

A quilt, why not?

Well. Go ahead. I can take it.

I came across Oh, Fransson just as she was starting a very detailed quilt tutorial and it was just too much temptation. And I am weak. I had lunch with my sister on Sunday and used the excuse of being in Ann Arbor and having plenty of time to pick fabrics to indulge my weakness. It was quite fun, shuffling fabric bolts around until I had a combination that I liked (even more fun was how impressed the ladies/experts were). The composition ended up hinging on the piece in the middle of the top row, it took quite a balancing act to get it to fit in, but I think it works.

This way lies madness

I really hope I hate every stinking minute of this.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

How can you hate anything with those great colors?!

Anonymous said...

Oooo... pretty fabrics! How on earth could you resist them?

I can't wait to see the finished product (and, no, I am not thinking about making a quilt). You can slap me if I start to think this is a good idea.

bspinner said...

Lee, I've chosen your blog for the Kreative Blogger Award.

Love your choice in fabric especailly the the colors.