Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Sewing!

Now that canning season is essentially over (I am still hoping to eek out another batch of salsa), I finally have time to sew. Sort of. I have made a skirt, which is sitting at the bottom of my laundry basket, un-photographed, and hemmed a pair of sweat pants for a friend ('cos I'm nice that way). And I made a bed for Lizzy.

Dots!

Stripes!

Cute! This was very easy, a big round pillow and a zippered casing. For some reason I have a hard time with zippers, my first few went ok, but now they just go badly. It doesn't matter so much for this project, but my machine came with free lessons and I think I will avail myself for zipper help. Stuffing the pillow was pretty hilarious (it took about 3.5 pounds of stuffing), the animals were all very interested. Whip stitching the opening took longer than Lizzy had patience for and she went to sleep (in her crate).

Simon Checks out the Dog Bed

Simon, however, approved. Of the bed, not the dog. I'll be interested to see who claims it, I'm laying bets on Simon.

No comments: