Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Inventory

I canned the last batch of salsa for the season a couple of nights ago. For some reason I got it into my head to count everything up. Masochism.

Dill relish: 10 pints
Sweet relish: 5 pints
Sliced dill pickles: 4 pints
Kosher dill spears: 12 quarts
Pickled jalapenos: 10.5 pints
Dilly beans: 5 pints
Zydeco beans: 6 pints
Ketchup: 8.5 pints
Peach jam: 9 pints
Blueberry jam: 12 pints

Gallons of vinegar used: numerous. I also froze a few pounds of beans, but I found a large number of last year's beans so I wound up giving a lot away (or letting them go bad in a very hot car because I forgot to bring them into work). We have plenty of tomato sauce and whole(ish) tomatoes left from last year, so I didn't have to mess with those (thank goodness!)

Completely unrelated:

Spout

No comments: