Sharon tagged me with a Meme I've seen going around. I really like Memes, they are a fun way of getting to know folks better, and of finding out about blogs you might not have known about otherwise. A fun community building thingie. Plus, I don't have to admit I have nothing, aside from a sad story, to show for the weekend (oh, wait....)
So. The rules: Posted here at the beginning. The player answers all questions. The player then chooses six people you want to know more about and tags those people by listing their names at the end of the post and going to their blog and leaving a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Also, you let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? I am terrible at timelines, usually the only way I remember where I was at any given time is to look at my resume (which I don't seem to have anymore). I'm pretty sure I was living in White Pigeon, Michigan (a teeny town in southwest Michigan), I learned to knit in 1997, which must mean I took a weaving class at the Kalamazoo Art Museum that year (though it could have been 1996). Some people will be very surprised to know that I was very involved in the White Pigeon United Methodist Church at that time (my mother was the pastor). Around that time, I was dating a guy named Lance. He was not a very good boyfriend.
2. What are five things on my to-do list today (in no particular order)? I have a yoga class in about 15 minutes. I need to post some (not very interesting) articles on the work blog. I need to do some cataloging (how I wish I could pass that off to a work study, but no..). Gardening stuff. Finish a blouse I've been sewing (the only thing I actually want to do!)
3. What snacks to I enjoy? I am a big fan of starch (the Atkins diet would kill me). And salt. And fat. Meijers has a brand of tortilla chip, Matador, which fulfills all of those (unless they forget to salt them, which happens). I love Matadors. I guess I know where I'm going after work today, 'cos we're out.
4. Where are some places I've lived? Plymouth, Michigan (until I was 8), Ann Arbor, France (exchange program after High School, in some ways I was too immature to appreciate the experience), Seattle (Ballard, specifically), White Pigeon and Constantine. And now Grass Lake. I very much prefer the country to the city.
5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire? I would establish a Social Work scholarship at Western Michigan University in my mother's name and a liberal arts scholarship in my father's name at the University of Michigan. Retire. Buy a new car for me. A classic truck and a Daytona Triumph for Len. Keeping those running would take care of a significant portion of Len's time and a billion dollars, so there you go.
Who to tag? Stef, of course (you can box me about the ears later), Helen (at Chronic Knitting Syndrome), Tea, MichMash, and Barb S. (bspinner). Ok, that's just five, but oh well..