Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Surfacing..

I'm coming up for air to report that my head did not explode. Saturday night was pretty shaky, I can't say there weren't a few exhausted tears. There was, perhaps, a threat (or three) on the boyfriend's well being. But we made it through and fun was had by most.

Madelyn

Yummy Pack N Play

The babies turned a year old. They are as pretty as ever and awfully happy (which is a good thing, since they spent the first 6 months of their lives awfully unhappy, in a colicky sort of way).

My parents, grandparents and aunt came to our very clean home for lunch on Sunday. I was much less stressed out by the time they got there, so I was able to relax and enjoy their company. It turns out, my dad has bought a 1963 Morgan and is very excited about it; he and Len bonded over cars.

I'm sad to say, the only way we were able to get the house clean and food made on time was to skip Keith's debut with the honky tonk band. I didn't get to see him in his fetching, yet silly, borrowed boots. Or is it silly, yet fetching? Word is, they didn't get home until 2:00 in the morning. *Cough* Probably for the best that we didn't go.

In knitting news (but no pictures), I've finished the knitting for the Obnoxious Flower Sweater, but haven't started sewing it up yet. I've also started the Lace Handkerchief from Knitting Around the World. Yes, in cobweb with 0000 needles. Clearly, the stress and the heat and humidity have affected me in very bad ways. I'll try for pictures tonight, but I have to get five pounds of beans in the freezer before they go bad.

No comments: