Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wire Weaving Continued

I had another go at weaving on the wire warp a few days ago and managed to get pictures last night. Bad pictures.

Pick-Up2

This time I tried pick-up. First, I have to say I have never done this type of pick-up on the inkle loom (or any other loom, for that matter) -- I've done the brocade, which involves warp floats, but not this technique which uses the warp for the pattern -- so if it looks really bad, that's one reason (I actually don't think it looks that bad). Second, the picture is showing more of a contrast between the brass and silver than actually exists. I think the subtle patterning would look fine using fiber (wool or cotton), but the wire really needs more contrast.
I don't think this will end up being anything more than a reference piece, since it is more interesting than pretty.

Pick-Up

I'm planning to cut this warp off tonight and will hopefully come up with some brilliant plan to finish off the beaded bracelet.

No comments: