Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Some Housekeeping

I added and deleted some links on the side bar. These do not represent everything I have in my Bloglines list, but you might be frightened if you saw them all. Some non-knitting content you might consider:
  • Miss Information is often annoyed. I can't blame her;
  • On days I suspect there is little good in this world, NPR's This I Believe restores a small amount of faith in humanity (two of my favorites are "Be Cool to the Pizza Dude" and "Always Go to the Funeral" about the importance of kind attention);
  • If you are as much of an information nerd as I am (which is almost impossible), Docuticker and Resource Shelf are indispensable. Docuticker gathers a wide variety reports from government agencies, NGOs, think tanks and University working papers (mostly American, but also some Canadian and British). Resource Shelf gathers similar information, but also reviews search engines, wikis, and other resources of particular interest to librarians (who are incorrigible information nerds). Both of these are updated frequently and they can be difficult to keep up with, even with the RSS feed.

No comments: