Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Two Finished Things

Ok, you've seen them before, but I'm really happy with them:

Here is the Arabesque, being all graceful. The edges still have a slight tendency to fold over, but the scarf isn't curly anymore, and it doesn't bias they way it did before blocking. Blocking is insanely boring, but so very crucial to lace.

Proof that the River Grass Gansey has two sleeves and a collar.






Here's a close up of the collar. This is the best collar I have ever done. Had I been thinking clearly when I started the shaping for it, I would have done it differently. I usually don't do well at picking up the stitches for collars -- I end up with gaps and stretched out stitches -- but this time, it's beautiful.


That sound you hear is my creaking bones as I pat myself on my back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That gansey is absolutely gorgeous. Where did you get the pattern please?

A tip I just learned about picking up stitches around the neck - to avoid holes and stretched stitches, regardless of how many sts. you are supposed to have just pick up every available st., then K one round evenly decreasing until you have the correct number. It gives a fantastic finish. Although I can't see anything wrong with the gansey's neck.