Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Quiltiness!

Finished!

Done!

Quilt Back

I'm sorry to say, I loved making this quilt.

Free Motion Quilting

I thought the free motion quilting would be the most difficult part, but after a couple of false starts (on practice pieces) it went rather smoothly and was quite fun, though a bit of a workout for my seriously underused arms. The tutorial has a diagram which implies that you should quilt half of the width, then the other half. I found it easier to go up each stack of blocks separately, the scribbling blended in well enough that even I can't tell.

Finished!

The only part I'm not in love with is the binding. I think it would be nicer with a darker green or blue, but I'm certainly not taking it out now.

Of course I have big plans for another quilt, as well as fixing one my dad made for me many years ago. And another obsession is born.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Very Nice!! You did yourself proud on this one....the colors and design came together beautifully.

Stef said...

Simply amazing! I'm so impressed with this (and I have to say that the pictures are lovely, but the quilt is even better in person).

Bravo!

Stef

P.S. Thanks to you I'm expecting my copy of Modern Quilts this week. Sigh.

Katelyn R. said...

I love that lime green sashing!