Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Things

Sharon tagged me for the Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy meme. Sometimes I worry that all I think about are the dumb little things that annoy me, so it is very nice to think about the sorts of little things that make me happy. And really, it is the little things that make or break most days.

1. Lilacs.

Lilac

2. Coffee. Not just any coffee, the cup in which the mix of brewing, sugar and milk all combine into something perfect. Why can't I get that more often?

3. At the end of an episode of Scrubs, the air band consisting of Ted, the janitor, the pill-popping delivery man and Turk perform "More Than a Feeling" by Boston. It isn't just that the scene is funny (it is), it's that the performance is pure joy.



4. Islands in the Stream -- Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton (extra points in this video because she giggles, and there are few things better than Dolly Parton giggling)



5. The 1961 Chevrolet Impala. That is as elegant a car as you will find. Yeah, yeah, gas guzzler, blah blah blah. Whatever. This is Detroit doing it's greatest design work, the likes of which we will not see again, no matter how the current crisis shakes down.

6. Fluevogs! Was there any doubt?

So, I'm supposed to tag 6 more people, but I can't help but think most of the folks I would tag would either kick me or ignore me. So, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. I recommend the experience.

No comments: