Friday, April 10, 2009

This and That

Len got more chicks on Tuesday.

Bully and Fuzz Ball

The little black one is especially adorable -- her breed is Black Sex Link (I should get some interesting keyword hits from that one!).

Sleeping

Cyndy asked what kind of chickens we have: the yellow ones are dinner, the brown ones are some sort of hybrid which are good layers. We also have Aracunas, Rhode Island Reds and something else. They're Len's project, they kind of freak me out (and rooster scares me).

I've been mostly silent this week because I have been working hard on a presentation about blogging. I find it highly amusing that I should considered an expert on anything related to computers and their wacky ways, but there you are.

Barb S. and ...

Valerie both nominated me for awards. They are such lovely compliments and I deeply appreciate them. I'll take the opportunity to point out some blogs I've been enjoying recently.

Deus Ex Malcontent often has very interesting commentary on the media (he was a producer at CNN until they found out that he had a blog).

Film In the Fridge has an amazing design sense and is at least partly to blame for my new quilt obsession.

Habitual -- I love her photography.

Pretty to Think So is a high school English teacher and has interesting things to say about books, music, pretty pictures and the dumb things teenagers do.

The Crabby Scientist -- It is a good thing to be reminded of just how hilarious my brother is (my personal favorite posts were about their camping trip trip last summer, part 1 and part 2).

Margaret and Helen -- Very funny political commentary.

Flashlight Worthy and The Second Pass -- Books. Need I say more?

Pause for Breath is visual poetry.

NPR's As a Matter of Fact is the NPR librarians' blog. NPR librarian is my dream job.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Are there really chickens called "dinner"? Do they come from Frankenmuth?

The NPR librarian...would be a heck of a job! Doesn't seem like you'd get much else done.

MICHmash said...

My chicks will be in around the 20th. 3 buff orpingtons and 2 silver laced wyandottes. This will be interesting. I'll need some coaching from Len...