Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bad Day Made Better

I am in the middle of hormone hell: run down, crampy, irritable in the extreme. I'd take a couple of days off of work, but it is a very busy time (for not being particularly tied to the academic calendar, I sure get busy at the end of the semester). Plus, I forgot to take an allergy pill and don't have any with me. Why yes, I am on a fast train to Crazy Town.

But I watched two videos of "Across the Universe" which made at least 8 minutes of my morning a little more pleasant.

Fiona Apple's version is just lovely. In the background a bunch of guys cheerfully destroy a soda shop.



Rufus Wainwright's version does not allow embedding, but you can go to YouTube to see it. It is also a lovely version, and his video is more on the surreal side.

I'm hard pressed to say who is prettier, Fiona or Rufus.


No comments: