I've got nothing. Nothing interesting. I'm halfway through legwarmer #2. No pictures. I made a black skirt with white polka dots. No pictures. The snow is gone and the potholes are out. And my sinuses hurt. I'm a barrel of laughs.
So to kill some time I will try this 25 Things thing that is going around. My brother did it. Sharon did it. What the heck.
1. I'm terrible with money. I'm not in that much debt, but only because no one is stupid enough to give me very much credit.
2. While I'm easily annoyed, I don't have much of a temper.
3. I hate playing games. Not only do I hate losing (which I usually do), but I hate winning too. It seems to make whoever I played against angry. I don't see how that is fun.
4. I am the only coffee drinker in my immediate family. None of my siblings, or parents, or Len drink the stuff.
5. I tried to give up coffee once. It lasted 6 weeks, but I missed making it.
6. I don't drink much pop (or soda, whatever).
7. I drink a lot of water.
8. Easily my favorite part of my job is looking for Vital Statistics. Did you know that the largest average number of births occurred on a Friday in 1984? The fewest was on Sunday. 10,681 and 8,517 respectively.
9. Which leads to a question: why would anyone care how many babies were born on an average Sunday?
10. I am a feminist.
11. Of the radical variety. Which does not mean I hate men. Feminism has nothing to do with men. Which is a radical thought in and of itself.
12. Do you ever notice in ads trying to sell cleaning products or almost anything having to do with domestic scut work, it is always women doing (and enjoying) the work? Feh. I use vinegar and baking soda.
13. I hate Valentines Day.
14. I am terrible at remembering birthdays and anniversaries. My mother usually reminds me about my father's birthday and they have been divorced for over 30 years. Sad.
15. I never get sick.
16. But I've had a sinus headache since Friday and it was bad enough to keep me home yesterday.
17. I have a tattoo, which isn't a huge surprise. It is a drawing by Hannes Bok, who illustrated Science Fiction and Fantasy books in the '40s, '50s and '60s (including some by L. Ron Hubbard).
18. I'm not a fall-apart kind of gal, but I cry really easily.
19. I don't have a library card.
20. I'm on Facebook, but I didn't use my last name.
21. I have a cell phone which I usually forget to turn on, or if I turn it on, it runs out of battery power and I forget to charge it.
22. I don't like to talk on the phone (Len does, which annoys the piss out of me).
23. 25 random pointless things is hard to come up with.
24. I just ordered all of the Paul Simon albums I didn't already have on CD. Hearts and Bones, One Trick Pony, Still Crazy After All These Years, and There Goes Rhymin' Simon. I have the LPs, but I don't quite know how to operate Len's stereo equipment (I have to turn two things on to operate the radio, which is my limit for complexity).
25. I like beer and I have expensive taste. I don't drink much, so why waste the one beer I will drink tonight on something cheap?
That is all.