Thursday, November 08, 2007

Favorite Movie

I wasn't planning on posting today, but I wanted to point out that Pajiba (which has great movie reviews) posted a review of one of my favorite movies, Lone Star, directed by the great John Sayles. Read the review. Then rent the movie. Or buy it, because you'll want to see it again. Or a dozen times.

Also, Len and I have had proof that we are indeed middle aged: One of his favorite bands, the Meat Puppets (they're like punk alt-country), played for the first time in ten or more years on Tuesday at the Blind Pig. We didn't go because it was a Tuesday night and there was no way they would be going on before midnight which would put us home at some ungodly hour. On the other hand, we are going to see our favorite NPR/PRI host, Kai Ryssdal (of Marketplace) host a panel discussion on sustainable consumerism. We are both very excited. Because we are nerds. I mean one doesn't really have anything to do with the other, but they struck me as a funny juxtaposition. It isn't weird to want to stalk Kai Ryssdal, is it?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Loved Lone Star - haven't seen it in a long time but its a timeless story. Rings true with this SoCal border native. I'm a complete NPR junkie so it's no stretch of my mind - the stalking. I get my NPR via podcasts. I wonder if Kai has a podcast.....

Anonymous said...

I love Kai's voice--it's so soothing, even when it's telling me my mutual funds have taken a dive. Almost makes it OK.