Friday, September 14, 2007

I was Wrong

I don't have five gallons of salsa, I've made only the slightly-more-reasonable-sounding four. Still. That's a lot.

Many Pints of Salsa

Tomato Sauce & Jalapenos

I took these pictures on my way out the door this morning. In the top picture are jars and jars of salsa, and a few of plain tomatoes. On the bottom are tomato sauce and jalapenos.

Pretty Tomatoes, All in a Row

I've been picking tomatoes before they are fully ripe and stashing them on the windows in our sun room. Tomatoes are better when they are fully vine ripened, but we're having some trouble with poorly supported plants as well as tomato hornworms (click on that only if you are prepared to be grossed out). I figure less than fabulous flavor is better than no tomato at all. Plus, they are pretty.

I've had some people landing on the blog using some interesting keyword combinations. If you've landed here looking for a "Queen Anne's Lace Shawl", sorry about that. If you find one, let me know, it sounds like it could be pretty (actually it sort of makes me think about designing one). My personal favorite was someone looking for "Extreme Sadistic Knitting". I don't know what to think about that -- a knitted whip? Or a deadly corset? I'm sure a needle could be used for something. It's a mystery.

No comments: