Thursday, July 09, 2009

Len's Cheesy Shirt

Cheesy shirt

In a crazed moment of silliness, I bought this flamingo fabric thinking I would make a 1950's style dress, full skirt and all. When I came to a few months later, I thought better of it. I showed the fabric to Len (who knows why) and told him now that the dress plan was out, I didn't know what to do with it all. He shrugged and said, "you could make me a shirt out of it". After I picked up my jaw, I did. And he wore it...in public.

By the way, this does not give anyone license to gift us with flamingo-related anything. Just in case you are tempted.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I think it's great - a bit of whimsy. Better you made that than the dress.

Valerie said...

Ah, but can he wear it without a beer in his hand?!

The shirt looks great. But I think a 50's style dress would have been and equally good choice.

I've been out shopping for dresses for the past two weeks and believe me, a flamenco patterned fabric would be an improvement over what I've seen in ready to wear!

Amy said...

Heheh...I love it :)